Monday, September 10, 2007

~ I follow the X, X marks my Spot ~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am sure I have already intrigued you enough and you might wonder why someone my age would decide to live a lifestyle where one prefers not to indulge in alcohol and fun right!

To me it is not fun! I have been down that road. And it is a useless one.
My story goes:

Every since I was young I knew I did not want to be part of the drug scene. My mother had told me that it was no good. And I realized what people did in the drug scene. Get wasted, pass out and then go and do it again the next day or a couple days later.

Where was the fun in that? I never saw anything fun in it at all. And when I figured out this is how most people lived there lives I realized that I did not want to partake in it at all. I never had a crave for it. I never wanted to do it at all. I had been offered or known people that did drugs, alcohol or smoked all my life growing up. And I decided that was not what I wanted.

When I turned 18 however, I decided to try smoking. It was short lived. I again had no views on it. When I turned 21, however I was camping with an old boyfriend and his family. They had beers and they gave me 3. I drank them and I was drunk for the 1st time. It was not a very good thing. I was up to the bathroom in the woods, (it was in a park, the bathroom was in a building) all night.

So, this began me to start drinking for a little while. Till, I got pregnant with my 1st daughter. I did not touch the stuff for the whole pregnancy. And I got pregnant at 22. I again started to drink again after she was 6 or 7 months old. I would just have a couple beers on weekends usually at that point. Nothing super hard, less I went out to eat and my ex husband was driving, that hardly happened though. Usually I had to be the sober one to drive since he was a big drunk addict.

So, I then got pregnant with my 2nd daughter at 25. And this time I decided to not drink anything ever again. And it is something that I have stuck with. I feel better about myself. And I wish that I would not have taken in to all the so called people in my life.

They are no longer in my life of course. Sooo, with that said. My ex lost his respect for me when I decided to stop drinking. Crazy huh? Funny, how when you have no common ground everything falls apart.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

*x*

Posted by *X* @ 4:12 PM 0 comments