Thursday, November 22, 2007

~ Happy Thanks Giving !!! Yet... Again. ~

It has rolled by too fast! Right! Right! And it is again that time of year. I am however slightly mad. Why might you ask? Let me tell you why! All the foods I would have normally eaten have some sort of Meat in them! YES! UGH! My mom made stovetop stuffing last year.. you know this kind:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Used to be one of my favorite things for Thanksgiving. Well, I always tell her to get the cornbread varity of it due to the fact the other ones have either chicken or turkey broth in them. So, I went to the store to make sure the other kinds did not have it in them. And low and behold they did. Even the off brands. All brands had chicken fat in them. So, not only chicken broth, but chicken fat!!!!

I was in shock! I had already this week found out that one of my favorite chips had chicken fat in them. My fave chips used to be: Baked Lays BBQ! The kind that are only 3 grams of fat per a serving!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket<------ Chicken fat is added to them! YUCK!
I totally do not agree with the marketing of things. I think that they need to be clearly marked if they contain such ingredients that are meat by products. Being the vegetarian I am now, I really have to make sure everything does not contain meat. I mean come on, they are potato chips who thought meat was added to them!

And since more people or vegetarian now then ever, they totally need to make such things better! That makes me so mad that they get away with this. I want a sticker that says, "CONTAINS CHICKEN FAT!!" Then I might be happy. I will be happier when they take the chicken fat out of them!

The regular ones that taste like pringles, they do not contain Chicken fat. Which goes to prove they do not have to add chicken fat to there product.

And so, I decided to look for other stuff to eat for Thanksgiving. And even the Uncle Ben's Spanish Ready Rice contains Chicken Fat. I am just telling you to make sure you are consuming what you think you are! There are millions out there fooled into thinking they are not consuming meat, when in reality they are!!!!

On to the -NoN- Turkey Day Feast. My meal will include: Frichik (which is vegetarian chicken) Mash potatoes, sweet potatoes, roll, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie! My oh My! So that will be dinner!! And to everyone one else....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

*x*

Posted by *X* @ 5:44 PM 0 comments